Yesterday, I worked on scanning photos from the books and archives and taking photos from the drive from kids who went to DC. I am still getting photos, especially from the other class, but today I am hoping to finish the iMovie today and then put the same photos on the website in a photo gallery. The website people are currently putting the blog onto the website and Nick and Narayan are putting the interview videos onto the drive and then Victoria R will put those on the website. We are not sure if we are going to get to the screen share tutorials for Mapstory and Historypin. Nate is also doing a blog post and Mapstory is finally working. I think if we can make the conference as interactive as possible that would really strengthen our thesis about new methods of teaching and learning. Therefore, the twitter needs to be updated and I have asked that our class put up 10 new tweets before the end of the period. Ryann and I went to the other class to check on progress and they said they were set with a plan. The website is shaping up to be a really helpful tool to collect all of our information and work and then be a really good way for our work to continue after the conference itself. Next, we will have to work on the conclusion and assigning roles to the conference.
Once again, we sharpen our intellectual pencils in a renewed effort. After a lull in enthusiasm for the project, we have returned to finish what we started. Acceptance to the D.C. Historical Society is no longer the objective; we seek to answer the question and contribute to the historical narrative in a holistically productive manner, no matter the result. Three days ago, the entire team met in the choir room and covered the entire mirror with dry erase markers. We were thinking, scheming, and designing. Creating. And for the first time, we have instilled a sense of discipline within the group. Each member has been assigned a very specific task, and we have eliminated all forms of indolence and are progressing in a very definite direction.
The Wikipedia team continues to modify their thesis based on the tides and flows of crowd sourcing software. Our Wikipedia page is drawing attention from students at Howard University, as well as many other scholars of varying credibility.
To help with our ongoing frustration with Mapstory, we have brought in a Mapstory expert to evaluate the situation. She has significantly alleviated our stress, and we now seek to use Mapstory as a vital component to our mission rather than an experiment.
Victoria Robinsion is currently compiling all of our data and videos onto a website. Soon, everything we do will be in one singular location for convenient access.
We are ambitious, and we will finish what we started.