As we worked on the project for the first week, we had to become acclimated to the format of the project. We have looked at multiple Wikipedia articles to gain a feel for the general formatting, and have looked at Wikipedia’s standards for creating an article. We started by raising questions, including the historical background of the alleys, the living standards, and government interaction. While these questions have not yet been fully answered, we are now on the track to conducting efficient research, which may be frustrating and tedious at times. The open-endedness of this project allows yields both many opportunities and questions. We must go through the documents to get comfortable with the topic, and then try to craft our own story. We tried to format our general article before doing significant research, but we realized that it is too difficult to jump in blindly. In terms of the article of the week, we learned about the parable of the barn. This story illustrates the art of teamwork, and cooperating together to create a respectable work. However, sometimes this work can be susceptible to change. In fact, just as we’re writing this blog, we are undertaking a new form of research. Instead of focusing on multiple allies, we are going to delve in more on the different demographics within the alleys. This type of research is where most of the content is. This may be a challenge, but we’re certain that progress will be made.